We are expected to check these items at the beginning of each class…
[The items are listed on a sheet that will be placed in the front of each classroom. Whether these sheets will be bilingual in English and Japanese is unknown at this time.]
The classroom environment
* Check ventilation status
If the windows and classroom doors are not open, refer to the ventilation system for each classroom that is described on the back of the instruction sheet. Instruct the students accordingly.
* Sterilization of the teacher’s microphone (if you will be using it)
Wipe the microphone with the provided disinfectant sheet. Dispose of used sheets in the trash receptacle in the corridor. Do not spray or smear alcohol directly on the microphone as it may cause it to malfunction.
* Make sure there is an appropriate amount of social distance between students.
Are students sitting at least one seat apart from each other? Ask students to move to a vacant seat if necessary.
* Disinfecting hands.
Check whether or not students have disinfected their hands? If not, tell them to disinfect them with the alcohol provided in the classroom.
* Wearing a mask.
Are all your students wearing a mask? If not, tell those without masks to put them on. Students who did not bring one should be told to go to the campus shop to purchase a pack of them.
* [If necessary] Wear a face shield.
[Face shields will be required in some classrooms and under certain circumstances.] Are your students wearing face shields? If not, the teacher may need to ask them to purchase one at the campus shop.
* Confirming the physical condition of students.
Are there class members who are not feeling well? If so, please direct them to the campus Health Center.
Things we are expected to check AFTER each F2F class…
Instruct the students…
* To disinfect their hands using the alcohol dispenser located in the classroom before they leave.
* About the importance of social distancing. When everyone feels relaxed at the end of class, they may put their guard down. An important point of infection control is to…
・ Maintain social distance even after class.
・ Be careful not to gather in crowds in the corridor or in the school cafeteria.
・ Take care not to speak loudly, even when wearing a mask.
* Take precautions when eating and drinking.
Tell students to try to avoid eating or drinking with their friends, while facing each other, outside of the classroom or during breaks.
* Sterilize of the teacher’s microphone [when used].
Wipe the microphone with the provided disinfectant sheet. Please dispose of used sheets in the trash receptacle located in the corridor. Do not spray or smear alcohol directly on the microphone as it may cause it to malfunction.