Use the following sites for the self-directed listening part of the new IE Active Listening course:
Listening Resources for Language Learners (many of these include transcripts)
These videos may be used for various tasks at each level of IE Active Listening:
IE I Active Listening
Memories and Childhood
IE 2 Active Listening
IE 3 Active Listening
You might want to make use of the some of the following resources related to environmental issues as alternatives to YouTube:
- Environmental Justice Foundation Short Films are from an organization tries to make a world where the natural environment can sustain the communities that depend upon it.
- Discovery Channel features amazing stories and experiences from the world of science, natural history, anthropology, survival, and engineering.
- Greenpeace International offers videos describing environmental problems and their solutions.
- National Geographic has videos on environmental issues and animal-related news.
- Earthrise is a program featuring developments in Asia and includes stories about environmental issues.
- BBC Reel presents engaging short videos on a wide variety of social and cultural topics.
- Scientific American introduces a variety of environmental issues through videos at its website, including a census on jaguars in Central America.