Use the following sites for the self-directed listening part of the new IE Active Listening course:
Listening Resources for Language Learners (many of these include transcripts)
These videos may be used for various tasks at each level of IE Active Listening:
IE I Active Listening
Memories and Childhood
IE 2 Active Listening
IE 3 Active Listening
You might want to make use of the some of the following resources related to environmental issues as alternatives to YouTube:
- Ecologist is a British ecological magazine offering videos on environmental issues around the world.
- Green Channel is part of Discovery Network. It recently featured videos about the world’s greenest homes.
- Greenpeace International offers videos describing environmental problems and their solutions.
- National Geographic has videos on environmental issues and animal-related news.
- 101 East is a program featuring developments in Asia and includes stories about environmental problems.
- Public Broadcasting Network presents videos from the program “Nature,” on such topics as the American eagle.
- Scientific American introduces a variety of environmental issues through videos at its website, including a census on jaguars in Central America.